Brother MFC-490CW Driver, Software & Wireless Setup
Brother MFC-490CW Driver, Scanner Macintosh, Linux, Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Xp, Vista 64-bit 32-bit, Brother MFC-490CW Installation Software , Wifi Setup – Brother MFC-490CW as a color inkjet printer includes a multifunction layout. It is possible to use easily with the support of the wireless networking feature. With the fashionable and the streamlined design, this color inkjet printer may fax, copy, and scan. The automatic document feeder holds more than 15 sheets to deal with the tasks that are unattended. Additionally, the machine gives a high amount of flexibility that you may share it with others. To do so, you have to make sure that other users may get the device in the wireless or the wired network.
Brother MFC-490CW is also easy to operate. You are able to do the jobs by operating the machine through the LCD screen. It’s quite wide with the size 3.3-inch. Brother also made this screen display with the simple navigation. You may use it to enhance photo and navigate menus.
It can print your files quite fast. In reality, the machine can create more than 33 pages in 60 minutes in black. It works for 27 pages in one moment for color documents. The device also offers built-in wireless and wired ports. Finally, it makes you able to access the digital camera media card. Even it supports you to access your files from the USB flash memorycard.
When you use it as a facsimile, Brother MFC-490CW is able to send and take faxes. The speed is quite superb that supports white and black even color faxing by utilizing your PC or not. Besides, you can print your photos instantly from the digital camera media card. Best of all, the machine is able to create high-quality printing as it can generate over 6000 x 1200 dpi high resolutions.
It usually means that you merely have to replace the empty ink. In its own box, you can find the capsules CD ROM, the user’s manual, fast setup guide, and telephone line cord.
Since Brother doesn’t incorporate the Brother MFC-490CW ink cartridges, you need to buy it separately. Meanwhile, they supply the standard-yield ink colour (yellow, magenta, cyan) for handling 325 pages. Even though the company claimed that the machine can work for 2,500 pages each month, we advise you to use it to get 1,000 pages maximum.
Brother MFC-490CW Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother MFC-490CW Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother MFC-490CW Wireless Setup
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Installation Brother MFC-490CW Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother MFC-490CW Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded “xxxxxxxx.dmg”.
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.