Brother HL-2170W Driver, Software & Wireless Setup
Brother HL-2170W Driver, Software Macintosh, Linux, Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Xp, Vista 64-bit 32-bit, Brother HL-2170W Toner Cartridges, Drum Reset – The Brother HL-2170W has a quick text printing documents. The cost tag is also small. This laser printer is the solution for those who need an inkjet printer.
In addition, that Brother HL-2170W is able to create a contemporary image, tricolor, and ink cartridges together with the high yields. Its capability to publish black and white files, the printer is a wonderful addition to your house offices.
The printer includes the internal memory with the potential 32MB. It usually means that the memory is enough to manage more documents at the exact same time. You can use the USB 2.0 interface, Ethernet, and wireless. You do not need to use your PC all the time.
Instead of using the radio, we think it is easier to use the cables. It permits you to not alter the preferences on the network taste. Once you plugged in the network cable to the router, then the wired link is ready to work with. From here, you can also configure the Brother HL-2170W liberally to install the wireless link. Due to the security attributes, the printer includes Wi-Fi Protected Setup, SecureEasySetup, and AOSS.
It’s very important to say that the printer has no auto duplexing. It means that it doesn’t encourage you to print on both sides of the pages . For the speed, it can handle over 17 pages for a black record in one minute.
Dependent on the official site, Brother supplies the normal toner cartridge together with the yields of approximately 1,500 pages. Even though it takes three cents for each page remains high, this laser jet printer may give you an inexpensive way to replace the cartridge. There is also the high-yield Brother HL-2170W toner cartridge is available to handle 2,600 pages at a more affordable cost, which is approximately two cents for each page. Brother also contained the drum and toner with the starter option to provide 1,000 pages for its cartridge.
It sounds great with the wireless alternative while the first lag is rather brief. This printer is all that you need should you not mind to find a little difficult to manage the wireless setup, less striking images quality, and less auto duplexing. If you think you could accept the printer without needing too much concern about its own capability to do automatic duplex, then this is a nice choice to get.
Brother HL-2170W Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother HL-2170W Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother HL-2170W Wireless Setup
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Installation Brother HL-2170W Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother HL-2170W Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded “xxxxxxxx.dmg”.
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.