Brother HL-2140 Driver and Software Download
Brother HL-2140 Driver Mac, Linux, Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Xp, Vista 64-bit 32-bit, Brother HL-2140 Installation Software, Wireless Setup, Reviews – Brother HL-2140 is one of the monochrome laser printers for private use. Together with the laser technologies, it can create over 23 pages per minute. Since it is a monochrome system, it usually means that the printer just functions for black and white files. You can’t use it to print some other color files. When you use this system, you can only use it together with the wired connectivity technologies in it. Brother completes it with the USB interface.
Brother HL-2140 can perform the very first print out for around 10 seconds. Additionally, it has a guide tray for a single sheet. For the input , it is able to hold 250 sheets. This personal printer supports some media types like bond paper, plain paper, envelopes, labels, and transparencies. This machine can also be compatible with Windows 7 users.
Brother HL-2140 works with the existence of 181 MHz of this chip while the RAM capacity is 8 MB. With the speed, we have mentioned above, the system can produce any black and white files in 2400 x 600 dpi as the highest resolution. This machine also supports Apple and Microsoft Windows platforms.
This machine also works at its very best to handle 10,000 pages per month as the maximum duty cycle. Nevertheless, we only recommend you to utilize the machine out of 250 pages to 2,000 pages. Please note that the machine just works as a printer. It does not work as a copier.
The machine has some consumable items. First, it takes Brother HL-2140 toner cartridge . Brother provides it for the machine which can handle more than 1,000 pages. In any case, it works with 1 drum that supports more than 12,000 pages.
Brother HL-2140 toner cartridges will also be available on the official site. It is possible to buy the genuine toner cartridge . For the standard choice, it supports 1,500 pages. Meanwhile, the business gives the high-yield toner cartridge for those who want the printer to work for 2,600 pages.
If you upgraded your computer in Windows 7 to the latter version, it may impact some features on the set up drivers of software so it does not do the job correctly. Therefore, you must uninstall the driver and software at first before upgrading.
Brother HL-2140 Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother HL-2140 Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother HL-2140 Wireless Setup
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Installation Brother HL-2140 Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother HL-2140 Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded “xxxxxxxx.dmg”.
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.