Brother MFC-J460DW Manual & Printer Driver Download
Brother MFC-J460DW can be obtained as the wireless color printer that provides clear and dependable printing needs. In any case, it has an automatic document feeder for 100-sheet of capacity. It does not require a constant observation together with the massive output to work with. In addition, it is possible to save the paper use due to its duplex technology. The most crucial point to know about the machine is the cellular device printing. This feature permits you to use it at any moment, almost in anyplace. It also supports cloud connectivity so that you can boost your productivity and efficiency on the job.
Brother MFC-J460DW allows you to easily print, copy, scan, and fax with the existence of the color inkjet technologies. You can do these tasks on both sides of the webpage, as a result of this two-sided printing feature in it. Moreover, the machine comes with an automatic document feeder program so you do not need to wait for a long time in front of the printer simply to be certain the machine does your job perfectly. The paper tray supports 100-sheets.
Furthermore, the wireless networking system in this system is simple to set up. You can connect it to other devices that are compatible with the machine. To do so, you need Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Brother iprint&Scan, Wi-Fi Direct, or even Mopria. Additionally, Brother MFC-J460DW makes your task runs flawlessly because you can scan and then print out of the renowned cloud services.
From the box, Brother included the Brother MFC-J460DW cartridges starter toner and other tools such as the CD-ROM and speedy setup. Moreover, the machine can function to conserve your toner because the presence of toner save mode. This mode allows you to use less toner when you're printing on the crucial documents. Regrettably, brother doesn't support it with some accessories and supplies as other printers they've produced.
Brother MFC-J460DW is what you need if you're looking for an affordable printer with the capability to work for 50 to 1,000 pages each month. The duplex technology and the wireless mobile device printing make it perfect for the business freedom.
Brother MFC-J460DW Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother MFC-J460DW Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother MFC-J460DW Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
2. Brother Printer Installation on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
3. Brother Printer Installation on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J460DW driver installation for windows and mac are available in this post as below.
Installation Brother MFC-J460DW Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother MFC-J460DW Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded "xxxxxxxx.dmg".
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Operating System OS
Macintosh OS X (v10.5), Mac OS X (v10.6.x), Mac OS X (v10.7.x), Mac OS X (v10.8.x), Mac OS X (v10.9.x), Mac OS X (v10.10.x), Mac OS X (v10.11.x), macOS (10.13), macOS (10.12).
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.
Brother MFC-J460DW Driver Software Download
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
MacOS (10.13), macOS (10.12)
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)
Brother MFC-J460DW Manuals PDF ↔ Click Here
Brother MFC-J460DW Driver From Brother Official ↔ Click Here