Brother HL-2040 Manual & Printer Drivers Download
To begin using the Brother HL-2040, you can check the LED control panel that has four LEDs and one button. This panel is intuitive and simple to use. Together with the existence of toner saving mode, it sounds possible to efficiently use the machine to your business.
The first point to know when it comes to the characteristics of this Brother HL-2040 is your paper handling capacity. The machine delivers the paper and the manual feed slot because the paper input. There's a manual feed slot to handle envelopes and labels. Meanwhile, the paper tray works from paper to transparencies by providing 250 sheets to handle. For the paper output, the machine supplies 100 sheets. So, in total, the newspaper handling of this machine is 350 sheets.
Brother HL-2040 also comes with the guide duplex technology. It's possible to print on each side of the paper once you think that you wish to save the newspaper price.
Next, for the consumables and accessories of the machine would be the toner cartridge, the drum unit, along with the print server. Brother only provides a single Brother HL-2040 toner, which can be TN-350. This toner offers 2,500 pages for both A4 and letter. Meanwhile, if you need to replace the drum unit, you need to get the DR-350 which works for 12,000 pages.
Though there are not any Brother HL-2040 toner options on the current market, Brother offered the ecological programs. It is possible to join the app to get the toner free by following the prerequisites. You may go to the official site to find more info about this program.
With its compact and solid design, we have to state that the machine is a nice addition for the office. Its capacity to offer manual duplex, wired and wireless connectivity capacity makes your company runs better. It's possible to print at anyplace as long as your files are available from your devices. As straightforward as that you do not have to bring your laptop whenever and wherever you go.
Brother HL-2040 Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother HL-2040 Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother HL-2040 Printer Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
2. Brother Printer Installation on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
3. Brother Printer Installation on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother HL-2040 driver installation for windows and mac are available in this post as below.
Installation Brother HL-2040 Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother HL-2040 Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded "xxxxxxxx.dmg".
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Operating System OS
Macintosh OS X (v10.5), Mac OS X (v10.6.x), Mac OS X (v10.7.x), Mac OS X (v10.8.x), Mac OS X (v10.9.x), Mac OS X (v10.10.x), Mac OS X (v10.11.x), macOS (10.13), macOS (10.12).
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.
Brother HL-2040 Drivers Software Download
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)
Brother HL-2040 Manuals PDF ↔ Click Here
Brother HL-2040 Driver From Brother Official ↔ Click Here