Brother DCP-7040 Manual & Printer Drivers Download
It is possible to use the Brother DCP-7040 to perform the multi-page copying. Other than that, in addition, it works as a scanner to get multi-page scanning. Eventually, you can use the system without turning your computer. This laser printer is functional that helps you to handle your task for fundamental printing and copying.
Aside from the speedy performance, Brother designed Brother DCP-7040 using the high-quality output. It is able to generate rich black and crisp record together with the resolution approximately 2400 x 600 dpi. Additionally, the existence of laser technology supports one for a cheap printing requirement.
Brother DCP-7040 also has a wonderful auto document feeder to deal with your documents for legal size document. The auto document feeder for this machine can manage 35 pages. Furthermore, you can store 250 sheets into the menu. The menu is flexible you could use it for legal or letter size paper. Brother also added the single-sheet manual skip. This feature allows you to work with labels, envelopes, and other media types.
When you use the machine to your scanner, you can use the file glass. This functions to scan the pages directly into one PDF or email using the ADF. In any case, Brother featured the system with the output tray at the rear.
When you purchase the machine, you will find the starter Brother DCP-7040 toner cartridge. This toner cartridge may work for 1,000 pages. You'll also receive the Drum Unit with the yields about 12,000 pages.
If you have to substitute the Brother DCP-7040 toner cartridge, then you can purchase the standard-yield toner for handling 1,500 pages. Brother also offers the black high-yield toner that works to get 2,600 pages. The high-yield toner is what you need in case you must use the machine every day.
It's possible to operate the machine during the monochrome 2-line LCD screen. For the first time to print, it takes less than 10 minutes. This machine is exactly what you want if you need to work with 10,000 printed pages per month.
Brother DCP-7040 Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother DCP-7040 Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother DCP-7040 Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
2. Brother Printer Installation on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
3. Brother Printer Installation on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother DCP-7040 driver installation for windows and mac are available in this post as below.
Installation Brother DCP-7040 Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother DCP-7040 Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded "xxxxxxxx.dmg".
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Operating System OS
Macintosh OS X (v10.5), Mac OS X (v10.6.x), Mac OS X (v10.7.x), Mac OS X (v10.8.x), Mac OS X (v10.9.x), Mac OS X (v10.10.x), Mac OS X (v10.11.x), macOS (10.13), macOS (10.12).
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.
Brother DCP-7040 Printer Drivers Download
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
MacOS (10.13), macOS (10.12)
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)
Brother DCP-7040 Manuals PDF ↔ Click Here
Brother DCP-7040 Driver From Brother Official ↔ Click Here