Brother MFC-J985DW Manual & Printer Driver Software Download
Brother MFC-J985DW is ideal to complete home office environments. It is because the provider provides automatic duplex printing. Additionally, it has great paper tray capacity to manage 100 sheets. This is the only sheet bypass tray you can use to print cart and envelopes shares.
You can print from your smartphone, laptop, tabletcomputer, along with desktop computer. At this time you can print with all the wireless connectivity. It means you don't have to use a router, as a result of Wi-Fi Direct presence.
What's more, Brother MFC-J985DW has a 2.7-inch of touchscreen display. Its strong features complete the easy-to-navigate display display. Besides, you can use the printer for a scanner which allows you scan from some popular cloud services. Eventually, it has Brother Cloud Apps to capture and digitize your documents for sharing or for electronic storage.
Together with the existence of INKvestment Brother MFC-J985DW Ink cartridges, you can spend for printing more pages. This really is the innovative solution to answer the need of cost-effective printer machine. In fact, the business supplies it with black capsules you can purchase for under $25. These cartridges can handle 2400 pages. Besides, you still have the choice to obtain the color cartridges under $15 using the capability to support 1200 pages.
Brother MFC-J985DW Ink cartridges can be found in a number of options when you would like to buy the supplies. Brother supplies INKvestment super high-yield ink with 3 pack color to work for 1,200 pages. Nevertheless, you can purchase the super high-yield ink in dark to encourage your bigger business with 2,400 pages. The INKvestment technology in most cartridge and ink provides make your printing costs are less expensive than previously.
In conclusion, Brother MFC-J985DW is an economical printer to have. It only takes less than one cent per page in black record. Besides, its wireless cellular device-printing attribute makes it perfect for the business enterprise mobility. You will require this printer if you're looking for a machine which supports toner saving. It is also ideal to handle your business printing requirements with more than 2,500 pages to print each month.
Brother MFC-J985DW Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother MFC-J985DW Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother MFC-J985DW Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
2. Brother Printer Installation on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
3. Brother Printer Installation on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J985DW driver installation for windows and mac are available in this post as below.
Installation Brother MFC-J985DW Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother MFC-J985DW Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded "xxxxxxxx.dmg".
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Operating System OS
Macintosh OS X (v10.5), Mac OS X (v10.6.x), Mac OS X (v10.7.x), Mac OS X (v10.8.x), Mac OS X (v10.9.x), Mac OS X (v10.10.x), Mac OS X (v10.11.x), macOS (10.13), macOS (10.12).
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.
Brother MFC-J985DW Driver Software Download
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
MacOS (10.13), macOS (10.12)
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)
Brother MFC-J985DW Manuals PDF ↔ Click Here
Brother MFC-J985DW Driver From Brother Official ↔ Click Here