Brother MFC-J485DW Manual & Printer Driver Downloads
Brother MFC-J485DW can compete with other wireless color inkjet printer. At some point, the company supplies it using the ADF feature. This feature supports 100-sheets to handle. For this reason, you can use it to get heavy printing job without tracking its own performance. Best of all, it's two-sided printing to save paper. To enhance your productivity and efficiency, the printer has mobile device printing attributes alongside the cloud connectivity details.
In addition, the printer has easy-to-setup wireless networking. It means you could connect it to other compatible devices. Even better, it is possible to print straight from the compatible mobile device. To accomplish this, you will need Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, Mopria, or Brother iPrint&Scan because you want.
What's more, Brother MFC-J485DW allows you to scan and print from any popular cloud solutions. You can use Brother Web Connect such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, along with others. Even it's possible to capture or convert your files via Brother Cloud Apps. The screen display is easy to navigate with the size of this 1.8-inch color display.
When you open the box, then you can find the newcomer Brother MFC-J485DW Ink Cartridges series CD-ROM included. In any case, Brother also provides a few ink replacement items to buy. If you need a very low printing task, you can buy the inexpensive standard-yield inks that function for 260 pages.
In conclusion, Brother MFC-J485DW is the ideal option if you are searching for to get a quality inkjet printer with an output of over 6000 x 1200 dpi. Its wireless mobile device printing is easy to use. This printer helps you save your cash and paper use due to the automatic duplex printing technology.
Brother MFC-J485DW is what you want if you want to print about 50 to 1,000 pages each month. It is because the printer is able to handle even more than 2,500 pages as the highest duty cycle each month. If you require a printer that provides all you need at home or home office, this is a great product to consider.
Brother MFC-J485DW Toner Reset
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- After that, look at the toner cartridges by opening the printer lid.
- Continue by pressing and holding the Asterisk key within 5 seconds.
- Next, see the LCD. A new menu should appear.
- Choose the cartridge that you want to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
- STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
- You will see the word “Reset?” on your screen. Therefore, you should choose “Yes”
- You can close the printer lid.
Brother MFC-J485DW Drum Reset
- You have installed the new drum unit. Therefore, you have to reset your printer first.
- Hit “X” so you want to clear any error message.
- Hit the tools button (image of a spanner).
- After that, select “All Settings”.
- Then, choose “Machine Info”.
- Next, press “Parts Life”.
- Continue by pressing “#”. You will see the touchscreen menu changes.
- Here, you will see that the color drum has been replaced.
- Lastly, choose “Yes”
Brother MFC-J485DW Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen)
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
2. Brother Printer Installation on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to re-start your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
3. Brother Printer Installation on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J485DW driver installation for windows and mac are available in this post as below.
Installation Brother MFC-J485DW Software For Windows
- First, download the driver and choose the type of system operations on your computer.
- Then, double-click to the downloaded file.
- Next, click Unzip.
- Open the folder.
- After that, double-click to D_SETUP.exe to start the installation.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- If the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Installation Brother MFC-J485DW Software For Mac
- First, download the driver and select the operating system of your computer
- Then, double click to the downloaded "xxxxxxxx.dmg".
- After that, double click to the installer package xxxxxxxx.pkg.
- After that, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer and test your printer.
Operating System OS
Macintosh OS X (v10.5), Mac OS X (v10.6.x), Mac OS X (v10.7.x), Mac OS X (v10.8.x), Mac OS X (v10.9.x), Mac OS X (v10.10.x), Mac OS X (v10.11.x), macOS (10.13), macOS (10.12).
Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit.
Brother MFC-J485DW Driver Downloads
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
MacOS (10.13), macOS (10.12)
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)
Brother MFC-J485DW Manuals PDF ↔ Click Here
Brother MFC-J485DW Driver From Brother Official ↔ Click Here